Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts. But I’ve never baked one! I have, however, made no-bake cheesecake! One day, I will try a “yes-bake” cheesecake! Who can resist a buttery graham cracker crumb crust, a generous layer of creamy cheesecake and a delectably sweet, fresh blueberry drizzle? I added extra vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste to the cheesecake. It was exquisite!
The beginnings of the sauce:
The final result:
Original recipe found here: http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2014/07/bake-cheesecake-bars-fresh-blueberry-sauce/
This was such an excellent, simple recipe, that I used it to inspire a new creation of my own. Behold, Julie’s No-bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake!
- 2 c. of crushed Oreo crumbs
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. (1 pint) of HEAVY whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 c. smooth peanut putter (or more, to taste)
- 12 large peanut butter cups, chopped into small pieces
- Using a food processor, blend Oreo crumbs and melted butter until well mixed.
- Press into an 8x8 pan or several smaller containers.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla and almond extracts and peanut butter.
- Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour filling over the crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cup pieces on top of cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy!