I think I’ve just discovered a recipe that is pure magic! I’ve been on a bit of a pear kick lately (see my pear tart post here!), and I’ve been seeing baked pears all over Pinterest, so I decided to try them myself. Not only do they look and taste like a million bucks, but they’re probably one of the most healthy desserts I’ve ever made! They take five minutes to prep, 25 minutes to bake, and they come out feeling like a dessert fit for the most luxurious fine dining establishment! They’re also vegan (if you use maple syrup instead of honey) and paleo, so if you’re into that stuff, this is the perfect recipe for you! Without further ado, I present to you, my new favourite recipe, inspired by the two following blogs: http://www.theartseefartsee.com/2013/03/paleo-friendly-baked-pears.html and http://hurrythefoodup.com/cinnamon-baked-pears/.
- 2 pears
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 2 T. honey or maple syrup
- 4 T. walnuts
- vanilla or plain yogurt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut the pears in half, use a tablespoon to scoop out the seeds and cut off the stems.
- Fill with walnuts, drizzle about 1/2 T. over each half and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pop them onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve!
- Optional: Serve with yogurt (I used my favourite vanilla Greek yogurt).
Gosh, my kitchen smells amazing right now! 😉
If you’ve got the time, please like, comment, follow or share! Also, let me know what your favourite magic recipe is! I’m always on the lookout for simple, quick, delicious food ideas!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! Have a fabulous weekend!